Thursday, February 20, 2014

WRAD Raising Our Voices Blogging Challenge

The fact that I'm a week behind, doesn't mean that I didn't accept this challenge, it just means I've got too many sticks in the fire and can't remember what day it is if I don't look at the calendar! :)

With that in mind, I begin the "Week 1" Blog to answer this question:

What is your earliest or fondest memory in which someone read aloud to you?

When I was young, growing up in Tennessee and Alabama, my daddy would read the Disney versions of the Uncle Remus tales with Br'er Fox, Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Bear. These stories came alive because my daddy would do all the voices...he has a beautiful bass voice and Br'er Bear's voice was my favorite. It sounded like my daddy was speaking from a basement!

My brother and I laughed and laughed when Br'er Rabbit played his tricks on Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear. They never did learn their lesson when dealing with that crafty rabbit! My brother and I couldn't wait for Daddy to read them over and over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment