Friday, February 21, 2014

Preferences -- WRAD Blog Week #2

This week, we're supposed to answer five questions and have a student answer the same questions about reading aloud...

I chose one of my sophomores who is in the library EVERY DAY....I'm not exaggerating....she spends her lunch reading....it makes me happy to see her.

Here are the questions and answers color-coded for you (mine; hers):

1. I think everyone in the world should read... as much as they can; whatever suits them.
  •  Perfect response from her, she reads voraciously!

2. If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be...Mike Rowe (let's face it, he's not hard to look at either); Morgan Freeman.
  • Totally agree with the Morgan Freeman answer...he could read a cereal box and make it sound interesting!

3. When I read aloud, my favorite character to impersonate is...any Southern female (my grandmother was from Georgia); the ones I don't like so I can make their voices annoying.
  • This answer cracked me up because I feel the same way sometimes.

4. The genre or author that takes up the most room on my bookshelf (or e-reader) is...mystery (if there's a cop and a dead body, I want to read it); science/science fiction.
  • I wasn't surprised by this answer...she volunteers at the Perot Museum AND when she was working on her science fair project I think her question dealt with thermonuclear dynamics and black holes (What does that even mean?!)

5. My favorite part about reading aloud or being read to is...it works for everyone (you're never too old or young to have a book read to you); I can do other things while I listen.
  • One of my favorite things is listening to an audio book while I drive, workout, clean house, etc.!

No comments:

Post a Comment